Saturday, January 7, 2012

torn

GOP debate #19 comes on tonight at eight o'clock. It's the first debate of 2012, and one of two this weekend.  Clearly, the Strahan family will be watching. Popcorn and all.  Who is our favorite?  For the first time in Strahan history, all four voting-age members are rooting for someone different.  (I say rooting because, in my house, political events are like football games)



Ashley-Kate, my 20-year-old sister, is being shady about her choice for candidates and won't tell anybody until we vote March 13th. (I think she's narrowed it down to Paul or Santorum)

My mom has chosen to join the Ron Paul fan(atics).  We've almost decided to disown her. (She's a pretty good mom otherwise, so we're keeping her for now)

My dad is pulling for Iowa runner up, Rick Santorum.

As for me, I am currently torn between Gingrich and Santorum.  I like both, but Gingrich, in my opinion, is not as electable as Santorum.



I guess we'll see on the 10th, although I'm pretty sure Romney's got that one in the bag. I say "in the bag" - meaning a victory more than 8 votes.

The two younger siblings, 14 and 11 are also split.  Amelia is for Santorum "because he's cute." Clearly a teenager.  Aaron is for Newt Gingrich - at 11 he's reading Gingrich's book,  Winning the Future.

So there ya have it - opinions are spread far and wide - except the Morman liberals. They haven't found a happy place at the Strahan house yet.
(I'm still not sure why they're tarnishing the GOP stage).



As long as Obama doesn't take the White House for the next 4 years, I'll be OK, but if one of these end up taking his place, I don't know how different Washington will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment