Sunday, January 15, 2012

South Carolina So Far

Since my last post I've been writing papers and driving so I could head up to South Carolina to campaign for Rick Santorum. I've been here since Friday, and it's been greeeeaaaat!   Since I got here Friday afternoon, I've made over 1100 calls at the phone bank.  I'm obsessed with campaigning. Seriously. It's probably unhealthy. 

Yesterday afternoon we walked around downtown Charleston handing out booklets about the senator and stood outside the theater where the Fox News/Mike Huckabee debate was being held. Yes, people were quite impressed that I drove 11 hours - quite the reason to tell them how important it is they vote for him. 

I got to meet the senator yesterday.  He came by the South Carolina headquarters in Mt Pleasant to talk to all the volunteers. Precious man. He should definitely be the next president.  No doubt about it. If you haven't checked him out, you should - right here. And of course, I got a picture with him. What a silly question.

"Of course, I would be honored to take a picture with you" - Rick Santorum

If you want an easy way to help out Rick Santorum, you can work the phone bank from your home!
I'm about to head out to do some touristy things while people are at church... yeah. Go ahead. Judge me. I'm being that girl today. Seriously. How many times are you in Charleston?

No comments:

Post a Comment