Monday, January 16, 2012

interesting responses

So our phone script goes as follows:

"Hi, my name is ___, and I'm a volunteer for Senator Rick Santorum's presidential camapaign. Do you have a few moments to answer two questions for me?"

The first has to do with what issue is most important to them in the 2012 election, and the second has to do with who they plan on supporting Saturday in the SC primary.

Some great responses -

"Santorum is Satan." (Because that's a logical answer)

"I'm worried about the economy.  I've always been a Republican, but there's not a good candidate, so I'm voting for Obama." (You're worried about the economy, so you're going to vote for the man who has run our country into the ground in every way - especially economically. We're in a ridiculous amount of debt because of this man and the Democratic leaders in Washington.)

"Healthcare. Huntsman." "Do you know he dropped out last night?" "No. But I'm still voting for him"
(Ok. Thanks. Glad to know we have some smart people out there)

"Is Santorum Pro-Life?" "Absolutely." "Well, that made up my mind. I don't believe in birth control, but I believe in abortion, so I will not be voting for Santorum." (I really have no idea what to say to that)

"Well, I know Paul can't beat 'you know who'. We don't say his name in our house. And we don't like Romney. And Gingrich has done everybody, so I guess we're looking at the two Rick's." (Perfect.)

And they just keep coming...

2 comments:

  1. Please keep these responses coming. Enjoyed reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. : ) The last election the then candidate Obama made the statement to the news that he had campaigned in 56 states and had 1 more to go. On election day a newscaster was out and about and happened to ask voters leaving polls different questions about the canidates. When they asked who made that statement they all said "Sarah Palin". : ) You can probably write a book just on the responses you are getting.

      Delete