Wednesday, February 1, 2012

the three R's

I realize I haven't written in close to a week. Shouldn't be writing right now, actually, since I came to the library intending on writing a paper (which I will get to, eventually). BUT as I sit beside my sister, I get slightly disgusted, not by her, but at how the people at The University of Southern Mississippi have begun to ooze their liberal ideology into her...

She's a elementary education/special education/Spanish endorsement major (overachiever).
They should be teaching her the basic three R's... Reading, writing, 'rithmatic.
Instead - what three R's are they teaching everybody at USM? Yep.

You guessed it.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.





I remember when I lived on campus, each dorm room had a white trash can and a blue recycling can.


My room had two different colored trash cans.

I was conserving energy! I only had to take the trash out half as often!





Don't get me wrong. It's really not that I don't think we should protect the earth. I do. I believe God gave us dominion over the animals and the earth and we are to protect it and take care of it all.

Here's where I have a problem.

When the tree huggers and the hippies can fight for a mother's right to abort the life inside of her, but when we put the paper in the white trash can instead of the blue one... God forbid. An innocent tree might be chopped down. The world would end.

It's not like we're running out of trees. Drive I-20 from Atlanta to Charleston. There's plenty of trees. And nothing else.

The tree scarcity argument is a myth. I always knew it was. So I finally researched it.

Plenty of Trees

Don't get me started on why we shouldn't drill to save a few animals (drill, baby drill!) or farmers in California losing their livelihood over a tiny fish.



Liberals are out of control.

Additionally - is it just me, or is this country in a lot of debt? Isn't unemployment pretty high? I know the president seems to think everything's just fine and dandy, but I don't really trust much of what he says.

So, if recycling costs more than it does good, if farmers lost their jobs because of a fish?, and if we could drill on our own land, wouldn't we be a little (or a lot) better off?

If it were not such a huge deal and actually more good than it actually does, I might recycle. Is it blown way out of proportion? Absolutely. Am I a little rebellious and throw non recyclables in the recycle bins sometimes? Maybe.

Sorry I'm not sorry.

3 comments:

  1. I am not a liberal but I am concerned about the Marcellus drilling, mainly because I live in West Virginia and have all my life. NEVER has there ever been an earthquake and the many aftershocks that are happening. I am not convinced yet that it isn't from the Marcellus drilling. : ( and there are -ZERO- explanations what is happening. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted about me and didn't even tag me? Hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't mean any harm. I don't know how to tag. Sorry : /

    ReplyDelete